Appropriate Safeguards: means such legally enforceable mechanism(s) for transfers of personal Data as may be permitted under Data Protection Laws from time to time;
Care: means the help available to deal with Your Service related queries. You may contact the support team via email using firstname.lastname@example.org;
Cookies : means a small text file placed on Your device by Our Website when You visit certain parts of the Website and/or when You use certain features of the Website;
Data: means all the personal information that You submit to Us via the Service and/or the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: means the retained Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 and any national implementing legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time relating to the general processing of personal data;
Mobile App: means the mobile application provided by Us from time to time, that You may use to access the Service. Your Mobile App displays information about Your usage of the Service, as well as allowing You to change Your Service settings and preferences. You will need an active internet connection to access it;
Service: means all elements of Our job search and job hiring service offered to You by Us and Our associated third-party suppliers via our Website or Mobile App;
Bobbll, We, Us, or Our: means Bobbll Limited whose registered office is Bobbll Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland under number SC637487 and having its registered office at 272 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4JR ("we", "us" or "our") through our website www.bobbll.comwhich You may use to access the Service, and any sub-domains of these sites unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions;
You: means the person entering into this Agreement with Us to access the Service and/or the Website and/or the Mobile App.
We may gather the following Information, encompassing personal data, from You:
1.1. As an applicant, Your name, address, telephone number, email address, employment history, marketing preference status, or any additional details associated with Your account that You share with Us;
1.2. As an individual linked to a company seeking to employ candidates, Your name, address, phone number, email address, details of the hiring company, job opening specifics, names and email addresses of colleagues you invite to participate in candidate evaluations, or any other information related to Your account that You provide to Us;
1.3. Your communication with Us: for example, an email or message that You send to Our customer service team, or any other documented interaction You have with Us;
1.4. Your utilization of the Service, Your browsing history within the Mobile App or Website, or Your engagement with an email We send to You. This may encompass details about Your operating system, location, IP address, browser ID, browsing activity, and other data about how You interacted with the Service. We may gather this information as part of a log file procedure, as well as via Cookies or other tracking technologies.
When We collect Your Data
- We gather Your Data when You:
2.1. Sign up with Us and initiate the Service;
2.2. Utilize the Service;
2.3. Subscribe to Our newsletters or alerts;
2.4. Request more information about the Service from Us;
2.5. Opt to receive marketing communications from Us;
2.6. Participate in a contest or promotional event;
2.7. Share any portion of the Service on social media, provided that the applicable social media privacy policies permit this;
2.8. Comment on one of Our blog posts;
2.9. Reach out to Us with an inquiry or a complaint;
2.10. Complete surveys We conduct for research purposes (although You are not required to participate);
2.11. Access or browse Our Website or related third-party provider websites. We automatically gather some information about Your visit to the Website to improve its content and navigation. This information includes Your IP address, the date, time, and frequency of Your visits, and how You use and engage with the content. We collect Your Data automatically via Cookies, based on Your browser settings; and
2.12. Use or subscribe to any other bobbll services.
- 3. We may also collect information about You from other organizations, as appropriate: these may include fraud prevention agencies, business directories, other companies, or Our third-party suppliers.
Using Your Data
bobbll and our third-party suppliers may utilize, process, and analyze Your Data to:
4.1. Deliver the Service or other bobbll services to You;
4.2. Provide You with rewards and incentives based on Your usage of the Service;
4.3. As an applicant, handle Your job applications according to Your directions;
4.4. As an individual linked to a company seeking to employ candidates, publicize and market Your company vacancies through third-party suppliers, and bill You for the Service usage where applicable;
4.5. Address any questions or concerns You might have about using the Service;
4.6. With Your consent to receive marketing communications, occasionally inform You about new products and services from bobbll and carefully chosen third-party suppliers;
4.7. Comprehend how You use the Service to develop more appealing and relevant products and services, as well as customizing the products and services offered to You;
4.8. Conduct research and statistical analysis on an anonymous and aggregated basis based on Your usage of the Service;
4.9. Offer anonymous aggregated trend analysis data points to third parties (such reports do not include any information that could identify You as an individual. An example data point would be 460,000 individual job seekers used the Service to find work); and
Your Data will be stored as long as legally required to provide You with the Service. Some of Your Data will be retained for a reasonable period after this Agreement has ended in case You decide to use the Service again. You may be contacted during this time if You have opted into receiving marketing communications from Us.
By providing this Data, You consent to this information being collected, used, disclosed, stored by Us, and, if necessary to deliver the Service, transferred to Our third-party suppliers.
Any comments or information that You share on any blog operated by bobbll can be read, used, or collected by anyone. If Your information appears on Our blog pages and You want it removed, please contact Our support team via email at email@example.com.
We maintain presences on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Any submission to bobbll via a social media platform is done at Your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Sharing Your Data
- We may share Your Data with:
9.1. A company wishing to hire You as a candidate;
9.2. Third-party suppliers that We use to provide You with the Service; and
9.3. Fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if We have to, or are authorised to by law, to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties.
10. To ensure that Your Data receives an adequate level of protection, We have put in place Appropriate Safeguards and procedures with the third-parties We share Your Data with. This ensures Your Data is treated by those third-parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws. We may transfer Your Data to third-party suppliers in countries outside of the United Kingdom (UK). This happens when Our third-party suppliers are based outside the UK, or if You use the Service while visiting countries outside of the UK. We will only transfer Data outside the UK where it is compliant with Data Protection Laws.
- 11.We may, from time to time, expand or reduce the size of Our business. If We are reorganised or sold to another organisation, We may transfer Your Data to that organisation. We may also disclose Your Data to a prospective purchaser of Our business or any part of it. In these instances, We will take steps to ensure that Your privacy is protected.
Keeping Your Data secure
- 12. We constantly review and improve measures to protect Your Data from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure, or destruction. If You suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to Your Data, please let Us know immediately by contacting Our support team via email using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 13. Where We have contracts with third-party suppliers to provide Us with services to process Your Data, We ensure they have appropriate security measures in place, and only process Your Data in the way We have authorised them to.
- 15. Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren't secure unless they've been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can't accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Data that's beyond Our control.
How to access and control Your Data
- 16. It is important that the Data We hold about You is accurate and current. Please keep Us informed if Your Data changes during the period for which We hold it. If You have any questions about the Data We hold about You, or if You believe We're holding inaccurate information about You, please contact Our support team via email using email@example.com so We can correct it.
- 17. Under the General Data Protection Regulation, You have a number of important rights, which include:
17.1. the right to be informed;
17.2. the right of access;
17.3. the right to rectification;
17.4. the right to erasure;
17.5. the right to restrict processing;
17.6. the right to Data portability; and
17.7. the right to object.
- 18. If You would like to exercise any of Your rights, please email Our support team using Info@bobbll.com. In order to identify You, We'll need to receive proof of Your identity and address (a copy of Your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and You'll need to let Us know what Data the request relates to.
How to make a complaint
- 19.We will always try to resolve any query or concern You raise with Our support team about Our use of Your Data. However, if You wish to log a complaint with the United Kingdom Information Commissioner under the General Data Protection Regulations, they may be contacted athttps://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
21.1 These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law and the courts of Scotland shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
21.2 If any clause or any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable in law, the other terms and conditions will remain in force.